What is Juneteenth Day 2023? Today we are very happy to share with you Juneteenth day Wishes, Messages, Images, and more. Do you know what is Juneteenth Day? Dear Friend, On June 19, 1865, enslaved African Americans in Texas were told they were free. A century and a half later, people across the U.S. continue to celebrate the day, which is now a federal holiday.
According to Wikipedia, Juneteenth is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the emancipation of enslaved African Americans. Juneteenth marks the anniversary of the announcement of General Order No. 3 by Union Army General Gordon Granger on June 19, 1865, proclaiming freedom for enslaved people in Texas.
Are you Ready to Celebrate a Happy Juneteenth day? Don’t worry. It’s a Right Content for us that here we are successfully Providing you with Juneteenth Day wishes
How is Juneteenth different from Independence Day?
During the Civil War, the Confederates honored July 4 as fervently as the Union and proclaimed themselves “the loyal inheritors” of the principles of Independence Day. Juneteenth, by contrast, celebrates the conquest and destruction of those enslaver governments, in the name of universal individual freedom.
Juneteenth 2023 Wishes
“Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.” — Toni Morrison
- Happy Juneteenth! Today, we celebrate the resiliency of our people and honor those who didn’t make it to Emancipation Day. We cannot besmirch their struggles by ignoring the injustices of today.
- I would say “Happy Juneteenth” but I prefer you have a meaningful Juneteenth. Take a moment to reflect on what freedom means to you and how you can actively aid the freedom of others. Lots of love to all.
- A day to celebrate, come together, learn, listen, and keep the message of equality at the top of your mind. Happy Juneteenth.
- Juneteenth marks the day that enslaved African Americans were able to go about creating a life for themselves and their families. It’s a day to recognize our forebears and to remind us of the journey they took to bring us where we are today.
- I want to wish everyone a happy Juneteenth. This year is particularly bittersweet as we celebrate with an even greater eye toward justice.
- Happy Juneteenth People!! This feels a lot different today! The World is Changing, More Change To Come! Thank you to our Ancestors and Praise God for our strength.